Friday, August 01, 2008

Reformatting Blues

Last night I decided my pc needed a reformat and Vista installed again. I got it reformatted just fine but when it came time to install Vista back it wouldn't work for some reason!

It came time to select the drive I wanted to put Vista. I chose the recently formatted drive but it wouldn't allow me to select Next to continue the install!

I'm going to have to run this by my IT buddy at work and see what I can do, this might cost me a six pack if he has to come over but I'm really confused. I've installed dozens of Windows OS in my time and built two complete systems that I have used for years! I am not a newbie at this and have some PC chops.

I even used diskpart.exe to clean the drive completely to make sure a new installation would go right in the place of the old OS......gggrrrrrrr

No comments: