Sunday, April 29, 2012

5

5
How do I tell Sam about what I just witnessed in the hall? I turn back to face him and see that he's practically passed out, face first into his own beer can pyramid. Now suddenly unburdened from that weight of truth I sit down beside him and ponder our next steps.

Certainly surviving tops the list. Without a radio for news or electricity for, well electrical things, I'm in a quandary about how to go about surviving. Normally I'd look it up online and find a few message boards of experts of the subject I was going to learn about. Now? Well I don't know.

No electricity means no power, means no cell phones, means no contact with anyone or anything. Wow, thing, that's the feeling I got from the people in the hall. Not human but not bestial either. Perhaps mutant of some sort? A result of this horrendous rain we've been experiencing?

It doesn't matter really, it's all speculation as we have no expert guidance to go by right now so the population is left to their own imaginations about what is happening outside their doors. I go to the window and see the water at flood levels. It's lapping up to the entrance of the building, the streets perhaps a foot under water, the lower parts of town completely under water. But this is walkable if need be in case escape becomes necessary, runnable? No. Swimmable?  No, too shallow and slow but walkable. Again I think air boat!

No comments: