Friday, April 27, 2012

Taking The Step Out

I've never been a fan of using the term "step" when referring to a parent that has taken on the task of raising children. Yeah there are bad step parents (If not Disney wouldn't have made such a fortune) but there can also be bioparents that are just as bad if not more so. Now that I'm a father for real and the step has been taken out I really don't feel that much different but I just know that it's real, make sense? I would do my best to protect the girls no matter what, ask Thing 1 about a couple of talks I've had with her former boyfriends. I'm a protective person by nature, add daughters to the mix and look out! I see idiots all the time with kids they don't deserve, it's really pretty special to be a parent now and to take care of what their mother entrusted me with.

No comments: