Sunday, April 15, 2012

Sunday Morning

We survived the night, stormy as it was. It makes for darn good sleeping weather I can tell you! Yeah you might wake up a little bit when the initial thunder and lightning hit but after that you doze back off with something on alert in the back of your mind listening for tornado sirens. Every Oklahoman has that special siren sense. I bought my first pair of Chuck Taylor Converse All Stars Friday, well my first pair since the late seventies and early eighties when Nike came into prominence and kind of took over the shoe world. Yes I had a few pairs when I was a youngster and I just thought, "What the heck, give them another shot at your shoe buying dollar!" So I'm now sporting a pair of black monochrome, high top Chucks. I even went so far as to go to their website and play around with the shoe custom creator for a while. It's pretty fun to build a shoe from scratch and have them send it to you! If it were manufactured in the USA I'd say it'd be the perfect shoe! But then again few things are anymore... Yeah you can make your own custom pair of rubber soled shoes that will announce your presence with canvasy style. I remember wearing them as a kid until the rubber toe separated from the rest of the shoe and the eyelets strung down onto the laces as they gradually wore out. Sure the high tops take a bit longer to lace up and tie but what the heck, it'll make a darn good cigar smoking shoe! I usually only buy one pair of shoes at a time because I wear them out at work and ruin them in under a week. But now I have a work pair and a home pair of shoes. Pretty rare for me actually. The day looks like it'll be warmer and sunny. I didn't see much on the radar coming in yet but I don't doubt that something could at any given moment. We'll see!

No comments: