Monday, April 02, 2012

Opening Week

Baseball starts this week. While I'm coming back around to liking the sport again I'm not at the point of loving it like I once did before the 1993 strike that wiped out the World Series.

I joined a fantasy baseball league on Cigar Asylum, mainly because it took cigars to enter and my humidor is still overflowing with them. I needed the room. So I sent off nearly twenty cigars for that and as a donation to the troops. The Asylum always supports the troops and depends on the generosity of its members for cigar donations so I am happy to oblige.

Game of Thrones was pretty good last night, picking up with the start of the second novel, Clash of Kings. Eventually five kings claim dominion over their own lands and fight it out while a common threat grows beyond the great wall in the north.

River Monsters was also pretty good last night. The new season started with a tour through America, including Missouri and Oklahoma my former and current home states respectively. Not too shabby!

No comments: