Sunday, November 12, 2006

Desperate Housewives Season 2

Well on my first day off of shooting I decided to watch as much as the second season of Desperate Housewives finally.

I've had it laying around for a while and just didn't get around to it but yesterday seemed like a good time to get it started. I could probably finish it today but the NFL is on today and it is week 10.

Well first about DH, it seems to have improved over the first season and that was pretty good. I'm just over half way done so far and it has been very entertaining. The storylines have been strong and unexpected. There has been a good mix of comedy and drama. All of the characters have a good share of screen time and the focus is never on one individual character. They all share in the storylines equally.

I don't know if that is because of the offscreen egos or just very good writing but it works on screen. For this show watching in long marathon sessions works well like Lost or 24. To me that seems to be the best way to watch TV anymore. I'd say this show is worth watching which is rare for me to suggest a show from the big three networks. I'm sure that there are some good shows on network but I'm more of a cable fan as many of you know from reading previous posts. I usually don't give the network shows a chance until they are on DVD.

Today is also week 10. The bye weeks are finished now and every team will be full strength the rest of the season. In my case it won't matter a whole lot unless Tiki starts scoring. This season reminds me of that one season that Barry Sanders led the league in rushing and had 2 TDs all year. Deja Vu for sure in my case. Tiki has 1 TD and yet has nearly 900 yards rushing and as a result my team is suffering.

When your blue chipper doesn't produce you really have to have a strong supporting team and mine is up and down. My WRs are strong, my RBs weak, and the rest is average. I've been on the waiver wire to try to improve my team but it hasn't helped a whole lot. I need to have at least two more 70 point weeks and right now I'm averaging about 30.

It is a longshot now to finish above average in my money league. The Yahoo leagues are split. One team, when full strength, will be above average while the other one is doomed to a losing record no matter what. Such is life right now, it seems like it is average at best.

In PC news I contacted the builder and the power supply should arrive to the builder by tomorrow. He said he hopes to get the rig shipped back to me by Tuesday!!!!

I hope so, I miss my machine!

No comments: