Monday, November 20, 2006

Runnin' Out

I'm running out of drinking buddies.

It seems that everyone is busy which is understandable this time of year. However I still enjoy going out with friends and having a good time. Since Winner's closed it is harder to get a drink after work and even then finding someone to hang out with is twice as difficult.

A few months ago I'd mention to a couple of co-workers (well the fun, sane ones I know) and we grab a drink after work to relax some and everything was fun and easy going.

Now it is like trying to build the Great Wall of China single handedly to find a drinking buddy. For the most part they can only break away about every three weeks and on a Friday....and then only for maybe fifteen minutes or so.

Yeah I recognize that I don't have the restrictions that most people do and my schedule is much easier to work in nearly anything. I get that but irony rears its head when the last time that I went out for an evening was with my partner Chris who doesn't drink and Wendy who is a former drinker and I had lunch with Beersnob a while back which is always welcome and enjoyable!

I'm not complaining, I just like to have a drink after work sometimes and it is difficult to find someone to hang out with.

No comments: