Wednesday, November 29, 2006

An Evening With Kevin Smith 2: Evening Harder

Finally I got my copy I pre-ordered six months ago, signed.

Yeah, finally....one day after release day.

Naw, I am now set for the night!!!! Four hours of questions posed to one of my favorite directors. Kevin Smith is a natural storyteller. He can talk about one question for ten minutes, take it in twenty directions, and hammer home the point at the end while making everyone laugh.

He really is a genius in his own way. He is very unassuming and seems to be a very down to earth guy. He is also is one of those directors who is inspirational in the sense that he is one of the reasons I am a filmmaker. He makes it seem so simple but even in his unassuming state he is a brilliant writer of dialog. He really is. That is his strongest point and he knows it.

If I could write half as well I'd be....well me except just better at writing.

No comments: