Friday, November 09, 2007

Man Hall Of Fame Part 6

The next selection by me to my Man Hall Of Fame is probably the greatest middle linebacker EVER. Yes I hear people talk about Dick Butkus, Ray Nitschke, Mike Singletary, even Ray Lewis but to me the only man I would want as a middle linebacker is this man....Jack Lambert.

Jack Lambert, nicknamed Dracula in cleats, was an imposing force and was the mainstay of the Steel Curtain defense that dominated the NFL in the dynasty days of Pittsburgh in the seventies. Just take a glance on You Tube for some highlights sometime.

The man was awesome! No one dominated the position like he did. While Butkus was out and out mean on the field, Lambert was devastating. He was mean and intimidating. He could blow up any play at any time.

This was a man who stuck up for his team mates. If anyone cheap shotted them he was on them and I'm sure they didn't like the consequences of their actions. Jack Lambert played for eleven seasons. He revolutionized the linebacker position standing at 6'4 and over 220 pounds mixed with pure meanness.

Jack Lambert is in my Man's Hall of Fame, if you don't like it talk to him about it.

No comments: