Saturday, April 26, 2008

Starter Removal

Yesterday I noticed my starter was starting to drag and hang up. That is usually always a sign that your starter will begin to give you problems and will strand you eventually if it isn't replaced.

So I decided to take the initiative and remove it before it goes bad and does strand me somewhere that it would be really tough to change.

Changing a starter is really easy on my vehicle even though it is pretty heavy. I put down some cardboard and stuck a light under there. All easy enough and and in about a half hour, most of that was looking for a ratchet which I finally found on my back patio, once that was located in a matter of a couple of minutes the starter was laying on the ground!

My brother is going to pick me up in a bit and I'll exchange the starter at O'Reilly's. In probably fifteen to twenty minutes it'll all be back together and then eventual problem averted!!!!

It is a good feeling of accomplishment and will save a bad situation from happening later on, cause you just know that it would go out at the worst possible time!

No comments: