Friday, April 22, 2011

Another Week In The Books

After today I will have logged another full forty hour week. Meaning next week I'll get another 4.62 hours of leave credited to my account. My PTO has dwindled lately and I really need to get it up again where I'm comfortable.

This June will be year nineteen, that means one more year until I log 4.92 hours of leave per week. That also means ten more years until I can collect my pension and quit. I'll be two thirds finished with a job that will have lasted a full thirty years.

I'll be young enough that The Date and I can do something else though. I'll be able to embark on a second career or possibly wake up when I want to which would be nice. It's probably too late for that though as I'll likely always be an early riser.

This week is another brick I guess. The entire wall will be a mosaic of labor running the gamut from good to bad, great to the worst. It'll have been a constant for thirty years and at that point it'll be over with and I'll step aside and let someone else take my place.

That's the plan!

No comments: