Friday, April 08, 2011

The Home Search

The search for a new house is going slowly however it is proceeding. The longer it takes the better the prices will get, literally. There's a big glut of homes on the market now and it'll be getting much bigger after a big company moves out of town in a few months.

That'll take a sluggish market and make the prices fall even further. I've been looking at the realty sites online and most of the properties have little down arrows indicating a price reduction. Time is literally on our side now! That's a good position to be in!

I'd like a place just outside of town enough so I'm not affected by zoning laws but still has access to the cable system for internet access. It's a tough balancing act. I want to eventually put up a wind generator in the back yard and get as independent as possible in living conditions. Call me super paranoid if you'd like but I see America going through some tougher times for the next few years and it'd be nice to sustain a good standard of living.

It boils down to I'd rather be a little paranoid now than wind up a victim later, I've blogged that before but you just don't know what the future will bring anymore. I want the best for my family and I and my friends, that means learning and doing things that will keep everyone fed and happy during tough times.

On another note, we've got a shoot tonight. Immediately after work Beersnob will meet me and we'll get this knocked out!

No comments: