Tuesday, June 06, 2006

The Omen: Another Stupid Unnecessary Remake

I won't see this movie.

I will not see a remake based upon a previously made movie from a horror franchise or a TV show!

Those of you who are regular readers know my position on this. If you see a remake it will just encourage them to make more.

No it isn't because of the 06/06/06 date thing either. I do not discuss politics or religion on this blog although I do love discussing both in person if the situation is right. However I will make this one exception on the number 666 because of the marketing strategy that is being employed for the opening of what is likely a horrible remake.

I lean towards preterism with regards to eschatology. I believe that most of Revelations was discussing the current events of that time and culminated in the destruction of Jerusalem by Rome. Who was the 666 Beast? A good candidate would be Nero but there were likely a couple more that could have fit the description. A little research will give you a ton of information on it.

I don't think that there will soon be a end time. The actual end times were the end of the Jewish sacrifical system and the destruction of the temple. Dispensationalism is a relatively new concept, created in the 1800's. It includes Amillennialism, Premillennialism, and Postmillennialism.

Now these are very seductive doctrines since they deal with all kinds of destruction, the Four Horsemen, and general mayhem but I just don't think that is in our future. I'm not dogmatic about it and wouldn't argue much against it but I really don't think it will happen, I really think it already did.

There are ministries based completely around the end of the world and they make a fortune from interpreting today's headlines and putting it in the context of Revelations, with a causal twist from Nostradamus.

I think there is probably war, peace, hard times, and incredible times ahead for the Earth and us as a whole.

Sorry for this slight diversion from the usual conversation on Filmmaking, Poker, Fantasy Football, and other assorted thoughts that go through my little head but since it is my blog it is my rules:)

I also wish I had known about the FX Network's contest about a five minute pilot a week earlier. There are only seven days left at this point and I found out about it yesterday. I have been thinking in overdrive to try to put together a five minute scene from the Hard Drive Cafe script.

I am now not sure that I can even though yesterday I thought I could pull it off. The problem is the location and finding enough monitors to look like an internet cafe. I think I could cobble together four actors to do four minutes of loose dialogue but to put it in a setting that looks believeable? Not likely but I am going to Intercorp today to see what I can work out as far as location and monitors.

I am going to give it a shot. To get it in on time we would probably have to shoot tomorrow night and I haven't even talked to any actors yet.

Yeah I know, I can say longshot too.

No comments: