Thursday, June 01, 2006

We Knocked Off Dodge City!!!!

Yeppers!

We whipped Dodge tonight in a very close game but we won by 2 in the closing seconds!!!!

We also got to see Sun Ming Ming play nearly four minutes. He had one point off of a free throw. I swear Dodge just don't use the guy right. When he was on the court they didn't even look his way, even when he was right under the basket and couldn't miss.

If he ever develops he will be unstoppable.

So there I was parking. I see Bub's jeep in the parking lot, cockeyed in a parking space. I knew right then Bub had been tipping a few before game time. Well I did too but at supper at Callahan's. I knew that Bub had probably been at it since he clocked out. So he is slurring and staggering a little and I elbow Picky Eater who sits next to me and tell him loud enough for Bub to hear me about how Bub had parked his jeep.

Bub responds that he had a rough day and laughs, then drinks his dollar beer. It is Thirsty Thursday so beer and hot dogs are a buck a piece.

By the fourth quarter Bub is snoozing. Yep, he is sleeping away and nearly slides out of his seat. I elbow Picky Eater again so he can get a good laugh, he does and Bub wakes up.

A good time was had by all!

No comments: