Sunday, May 11, 2008

I Need A Reset Button

And a big helping of grace and forgiveness. I said some things while in an emotional state and was hurt and now I might have lost a friend.

I wish this past week hadn't happened and I could go back a week before this happened and tell myself to not do what I did.

Dear Me,
Next week you are going to say some things you won't mean and it will make things bad all the way around. So keep your cool. You'll know what I mean when it happens.
signed,
Me

It is weird, everything I've done to try to make things better isn't helping and only making things worse. I'm at a loss now. I feel doubly hurt than I was before and all I can do when my friend decides to talk to me again is to apologize, ask them to show some mercy and if we can move past a bad week and forget the bad parts while we continue as we were.

There is a lot I will miss about them if they don't want to talk again. The humor, the long conversations, the challenges as they pushed me to think more out of my comfort zone. Even the crossword puzzles the past couple of weeks. Ironically, well maybe not so ironically, we were going to read David at the same time by Charles Swindoll. David made a mess of things several times over so I haven't come close to his benchmark yet so I believe there is hope in this situation.

No comments: