Sunday, May 25, 2008

Indiana Jones And The Oklahoma Tornadoes

This new Indiana Jones movie was a mixed bag. It had some very fun moments but the ultimate payoff at the end was a bit hokey. I mean it was spectacular visually, don't confuse that for hokey, I'm only referring to the premise they were offering.

I do believe there were more fun high points than there were low points as the movie was a very fun romp! There were the traditional close calls, split second timing, cunning villains, and big surprises!

The pacing had some issues but ultimately you just overlook it and get caught up in the adventure. Harrison Ford simply was Indiana Jones, this movie would have benefited from being made years ago instead of today but for this story the technology wasn't there. Shia LeBouf can now be considered the most over exposed actor out there now.

This movie will do huge box office and it should. This is what a Summer movie should be about. Putting your life on pause for a couple of hours and escaping everything that troubles you for a short time.

Yesterday I was also captivated by the real life and really intense footage of a super cell outbreak of tornadoes in my very own county! I was surprised to turn on Fox news to see live footage being broadcast of my home area! It was just to the South of me and we caught the Northern edge of the storm but missed out on all of the most severe weather! The storm chasers were everywhere! I believe the storm produced double digit tornadoes yesterday as the storm was that massive but thankfully no one was seriously injured.

No comments: