Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Irish Inspiration

I have to make an Irish stew soon. I know I know, especially after my Sunday night post/video about Summer, it really isn't the time of year for stew.

I've been craving stew for a while now and after watching No Reservations last night I've decided to make one! Anthony Bourdain prowled the streets of Belfast and Dublin he explored the post peace process Ireland. Peace and prosperity now reign where bullets and bombs once dominated.

I've got pretty simple food tastes anyway, meat and potatoes and I'm pretty content. That is the staple of most of my fast food diet (which I've dramatically cut back on) but most meals consisted of meat, bread, and potatoes.

So I do believe I'll be searching for a Irish stew to make now! I just love it when you can put everything into the crock pot and forget it until you are ready to eat! That will probably be what I will make for this holiday weekend!

I love it when food inspiration strikes like this! It takes the wondering out of what to cook for later on as I usually do!

No comments: