Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Excellent Supper!

The Date and daughters came over last night and cooked me a spectacular supper consisting of T-bone steak, pasta salad, scalloped potatoes, and chocolate cake!

I also enjoyed a drink of Jura Superstition, an Islay malt Scotch. I have to say that it was one of the smoothest Scotches I've ever had and I've had some smooth Scotch. In a word it was incredible! It wasn't near as smoky as my favorite Lagavulin however it had so much more to offer in terms of flavor!

Very complex to my palate, I was at first disappointed about the lack of smoke being an Islay. Then I was overwhelmed by the other flavors which I can't even begin to identify. Yes there was a lot of peat. Don't get me wrong, there was some smoke but not what I'm accustomed to, if I had to identify that flavor it would be closest to hickory, a sweet hickory.

This might very well have taken over my favorite scotch spot bumping Lagavulin from number one! I was going to pair it with a cigar however I had company and the weather outside didn't lend to cigar smoking as there were thirty mile per hour winds and I didn't want to run off to my bedroom and leave my company alone.

I'll do that soon as this really deserves a great cigar to go with.

No comments: