Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Fantasy NASCAR

I'm in a Yahoo fantasy league from a message board I'm involved in. www.cigarasylum.com
Lot of good guys there. Well out of seven races I'm in second place. I've also had four first places and one top five.

So I've won over half of the races this season and yet I'm in second place. This is out of seventeen teams mind you. The competition is tough!

Why I'm not in first is because in two weeks my team had bad showings. Week one in Daytona and I believe I was third from last. I followed that up with back to back wins which put me way up in the rankings. Week four my team collapsed again and I fell to ninth. Again back to back wins and I was in second place.

Then this weeks race. I scored over three hundred points and got a top five. The third place team got first this week in Texas and leapfrogged me. He beat me by less than thirty points and holds a seventeen point lead over me.

I have a twenty six point lead over third and it falls from there as we are the only three teams with at least nineteen hundred points.

If I can stay consistent I'll be a strong contender for the title! It cost five cigars to enter. The leader at the end of the Spring races wins fifteen cigars, same with the Summer races. The overall winner at the end of the season will win thirty five premium cigars!

Doing ok so far! I like my chances! No other team has even two wins this season and I have four.

No comments: