Thursday, April 30, 2009

Big Meeting

I attended a big meeting last night about the next Summer show, Into The Woods. You can find some clips on You Tube. It is a complex fairy tale taken from the classic fairy tales.

It is a musical and anyone who knows me knows I hate musicals but this is also really complex and a complicated challenge so I guess I love challenges more than I hate musicals.

I'm going to start learning the light plot Friday night on this show, Broadway Bound. Then rehearsals with me start next week. After that it is full ahead for Woods.

This will be a very interesting (well I shouldn't say interesting as much as intensive show) show. There is very little dialogue and it's over two hours long. There will be five shows as there will be a producer's matinee on top of the regular run. Yep, it'll be a big project for sure.

No comments: