Friday, May 01, 2009

Facebook

It seems appropriate that I spend my 1,500 post anniversary by giving you my impressions of Facebook. For somethings I'm a long time resister while others I'm an early adopter.

I resisted cell phones for years and years until last year. Now I wish I could get my iPhone implanted into my arm somehow. Well removable so I can upgrade to the next best one of course but implanted nonetheless.

Usually resist fads. I don't plan on getting sleeves of tattoos. Not jumping onto the swine flu epidemic train yet either. In fact I'm kind of wondering why it is this big of a story. There are a little over one hundred cases in the US...that doesn't seem all that bad. I bet there are more cases of tuberculosis out there than swine flu. Sheesh, its ridiculous.

Well I finally adopted the Facebook trend. My Space might be my first social site love but Facebook is more like a slow motion chat with friends (which I enjoy better)....which also has a great iPhone app. Now if something crosses your mind, you Facebook it and see what your friends think about it.

The interface uses the thread style of comments. One of the older bulletin board models on the web before VBulletin took over the message board world. No knock against VBulletin, that is my favorite design by far. The thread Facebook style is more updated than its yesteryear counterparts but still a classic design model that was eventually replaced.

It works though. It is fun, can be exciting, and without a doubt I'll find myself spending more time there in the future. So there it is my friends, fifteen hundred posts down. I've got no idea what the next fifteen hundred have in store but I'm sure it'll be a wild ride some of the time....the others will be pretty mundane as most of my posts are.

No comments: