Monday, May 25, 2009

Great Cookout!

Happy Memorial Day. Be sure you take some time to think about those who gave everything in defense of our country and freedom today. This is their day.

Yesterday The Date, The Things, and I attended a great cookout! It was a Mediterranean themed cookout with grilled skewers of lamb, chicken, and pork with onions and red peppers. There was tabouli, an awesome avocado salad, and various side dishes like mini doners. It was an amazing feast! Generous in proportions and the sheer amount of preparation time invested in putting this on!

It was an awesome day with awesome friends! Everyone had a great time and there were over twenty attending! I brought along two cigars and had a couple of requests so I asked The Date to bring me about three more which she brought some good ones.

I had a Man O' War Torpedo, a full flavored and very robust cigar. Not really for the feint of heart at all. Great billows of creamy smoke kept the gnats at bay for a while.

Off! was a very popular condiment along with the spectacular food. About ten I had been there close to six hours and I was tired. The Date had left a couple of hours earlier to write a paper for one of her classes that was due. So I made my way home to catch the last five minutes of the Orlando/Cleveland game.

Orlando was up by eight when I started watching, Cleveland closed the gap to four but couldn't do anything with the momentum. Orlando goes up two to one in the series and is looking like they really want to be in the Finals while Cleveland is being knocked around some.

In more serious news, North Korea has issued a claim that they tested a nuclear weapon last night, a few weeks after test firing a long range nuclear capable missile. This is going to cause some serious meetings at the highest levels in the next day or two.

No comments: