Thursday, May 07, 2009

Friendly Rehearsal

Tonight the show goes on with a friendly crowd. The friends of the directors, actors and crew (well both of us) go out and the actors get a chance to see how the show plays with a live audience for the first time.

It's a good chance to see what works live and what is close enough to work it so it does work live. The show is coming together better than I thought it would have after seeing it last Friday night. The actors are getting the lines down cold and didn't miss hardly anything last night! Its impressive to see especially when you see how wordy the script is.

I'm really in need of a weekend. Late nights at the theatre and long days at work have me a little worn out. If I wasn't trying to build my leave back up from our Vegas trip then I would have taken a day off or two. I want to have around two hundred hours but now I've got less than half that.

Time though, it'll get better with time.

The next show, "Into the Woods" cast list was released yesterday. Facebook was exploding with all of the who got what part and everything. Lots of excited people out there! It will be a big challenge to light this show like it should be. Anyone who knows me knows I'm not a fan of theatre at all, I particularly don't care for musicals but I enjoy a good challenge more than my distaste for a music laden show and this will probably be a harder show to do than Yes Virginia. I had over seventy cues in that show and it was barely over an hour long.

By contrast I have right at thirty one cues in this show and it is running over two hours. Into the Woods will likely have closer to seventy than thirty. It's a big show, hence my love for a good challenge comes in.

No comments: