Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Another Late Night

I was able to get out of the theatre just a little before eleven last night. Tomorrow night is the full on public rehearsal with a friendly audience. The cast was a lot better last night. They had their lines down except for one big skip which threw off another actor they were good.

It's running time is going to be a problem if they can't speed up the pace though. It keeps running at over an hour per act. I believe the director wants it cut down a lot closer to just one hour per act.

It is getting there though. Two more rehearsals is all they have then it's showtime. The past two nights I've had Thing 2 with me and last night Things 1 and 2 and The Date were there to watch and help out with the rehearsal. She had some sheets that the stage manager wanted to use in the show.

All in all this is an ok show. It wasn't quite the Neil Simon comedy I was expecting, it is more of a dramedy I guess. My booth partner who is running the sound is really enjoying it though. We've got the cues ironed out now and it will be a smooth show for us from here until the closing show. It took us three rehearsals from no cues to having every cue down cold...that's pretty good!

No comments: