Saturday, May 02, 2009

Yeaaaaaaa! Saturday!!!!

As I've blogged about most of the week, this was one of the busiest weeks I've had at work in a long time. I'm glad it's over. I'm enjoying a rainy morning and a hot tea to wake up with.

I ordered The Date a microbatch of roasted gourmet coffee beans from here. I found this guy on Twitter and read his tweets so I decided to order from him. His is a veteran too so that's twice as good!

He makes small batches, blends and roasts them himself, then ships it all out (with a hand written thank you note and a postcard). This the American Dream! To make a living doing something you love! I'd encourage anyone out there to give his coffee a shot. He'll email you back and ask for a review and maybe some pictures so he can build his brand and get feedback.

The price is reasonable and likely cheaper than you'll find from Starbucks. The batch I received was roasted Tuesday! How's that for fresh?!

Had my first lighting rehearsal last night for Broadway Bound. I believe after one run the lighting plot is fairly simple. There appear to be two main areas, bring the lights up on one and fade it to the other and back again. I'll get the exact cues down this week.

No comments: