Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Life Goes On

Is it worth a few days of pain to have years of loving devotion from a pet? The pain is pretty intense to be sure. The years of loving devotion are just as intense though.

Without a doubt yes it is worth it to me. From being a puppy or kitten, hatchling, or whatever kind of pet you decide on it is worth all of the happiness, joy, and trouble they give you. It is endearing in hindsight.

Pets are a bargain when you compare them with human friends. Not mine mind you, my friends are like family. I'd do anything for them and frequently tell them that. However I hear tales of friends from coworkers, in public, and when I read things. Some friends just have agendas when it comes to you.

A pet never will. You feed them, clean after them, and in return they will sleep on you, want you to pet them, pull over the trash, and generally make your life far more interesting than it previously was.

I have one cat now. Rocket. Anyone who knows me has probably seen a glimpse of him, he hides from company. Patch would have jumped right up in your lap though and laid down. Rocket is just as loving, just shy though.

When The Date moves in she is bringing a cat that is a lot more playful than either of my two cats. It should be interesting to see how Rocket takes it. I know how it is going to happen for a while. He is going to be very upset. I've been reading on how to introduce them with the least amount of stress for me....it will take some time but it can be done!

No comments: