Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Home

Las Vegas was a lot of fun. We did everything we pretty much wanted. I went four of eight on my sports bets and blew my gambling budget by Sunday. That meant I had two days left to budget the rest of my money.

Las Vegas is an odd town. I am pretty sure you can't judge the entire town by just the strip area however I'm still pretty happy that I made the right decision when I turned down the job at Nellis AFB a few weeks ago. I don't see myself living there at all now.

It is a style of living that I don't think I could handle. I do think I can handle visiting there on a shorter term basis like two days instead of five. I was worn out by day five and ready to come home for sure.

A lot of the strip is very claustrophobic, it is tall and something is built on every square inch. Along with the people and cars it is a very weird feeling. There is also a big project that might not be finished called Citycenter.

It is in a ton of financial trouble. It is weird to see it half way built and the cranes just sitting there. It is MASSIVE! You can read about it here.

Las Vegas might be a city in transition or it might not. I'm not sure because I saw people everywhere. It didn't seem as hard it to me as the numbers say though I guess.
There were globs of people everywhere! The Criss Angel show was sold out that we went to, the strip was packed, the Luxor was full. I guess we will see what happens to Vegas in the future but I'm glad that I am not living there and confident I made the right decision:)

No comments: