Tuesday, March 15, 2011

The Big News

Yep today is a big day and the start of something big for my family. The Date will be going to the lawyer this morning to start the process of adoption for the girls. The removal of the tag "step" will soon begin. They will be mine all mine.

The lawyer we got is a bulldog too, he'll make sure it happens the easy way or the hard way but it'll happen. The ex-father has agreed to it...somewhat. I mean it's not like he's made the slightest effort in the past few years to make contact with them. No calls, no visits, really barely any child support. He had a condition over the weekend that they keep their current name, indicating he would like the hard way approach to terminating his rights.

Thing 2 hasn't used his name in nearly two years and was just dying to get rid of it the first chance she could get. Thing 1 would like a hyphenated name temporarily until people get used to her new name, after this past weekend I'd say she will likely do away with the hyphen altogether.

They'll get the father they deserved from the start and I'll get to have children. I'm not sure how long this will take, I'd guess maybe a month or two, perhaps longer.

In other news, Day 41 represented the end of the first part of the story I was experimenting with. It's a zombie-ish survival story but mainly about rebuilding a community and a new and better life.

I'll eventually get part 2 started as I indicated yesterday but I'm looking for your suggestions and story ideas. Text them to me, Facebook them to me, or call me and chat about zombies with me. More than likely I'll incorporate them somehow! It's fun to write your own story and guide the characters as you see fit, I wish I had the patience to write an entire novel. As I had it planned in my head this was going to be the Ben-Hur of zombie stories, instead it was the blog post of zombie stories.

So please by all means get me your ideas on where the characters should go next!

1 comment:

Kyla said...

I'm so excited for your family! They are amazing girls and whether or not they have your last name, you are an amazing father. I couldn't be happier that it will soon be legal! Congrats!