Monday, March 14, 2011

Thus Ends Part 1

Most of you will notice that I've been writing a serialized story the past couple of weeks. It's a zombieish story but mainly it's about surviving and rebuilding which I find the more interesting sides of the post zombie apocalypse of doom genre.

I invite you to go back and read from Day 1 and try not to overthink it, I sure didn't. Mainly every entry was written in roughly ten minutes in the mornings, fifteen on the longer posts. I tried to write a handful of times the night before and they might be the more thought out posts.

In a few months I'll carry on the story again, I'd like to plan the second part out a bit better. In my mind I had a pretty epic story in mind just for the first part, it came out less than epic as I just have the attention span of a gnat sometimes. If it were a novel it would have never gotten written as I just don't have the patience to write an entire novel out. It would have been way more in depth though.

I was going to pick up different character point of views and follow them through the attack of the infected and how they met their ends. I was going to explore Edna a bit more thoroughly and how a defenseless and alone shut-in went through her life's decisions to come to this fate.

Another thing is that I was trying to change up the purely dead zombies with a more infected style of zombies, zombies that were alive and functioning as opposed to Romero's classic zombies. So they would be a bit more like 28 Days later and don't have to die before turning. I want my killers to be able to plan and scheme and thus be infinitely more dangerous than random roaming scavengers. That's a part that Filmmaker Friend Chris and I discussed and worked out, scheming killers are more scary than pack hunting killers. And pack hunting, scheming killers that can plot out an ambush are scarier still!!!

Regardless here's what I'd like from you. Everyone who knows me is sometimes a reader, I've seen the numbers. Thus if you know me more than likely you've got my phone number. So here's what I want and how you can be part of this, text me your ideas or post them on my Facebook wall. If you just want me to know about them and not make it public then you can send me a private message or if all else fails you can actually call me and talk over your zombie survival idea with me, you know I do love talking over zombie theory!

So for now regular blog posting will continue until I get the second part worked out. I hope you like reading about what I had for lunch and supper...

No, I've been keeping up to date with everything newsworthy. Japan has me and everyone else on edge right now because the crisis is still going on. Things are very deadly right now as a second reactor blew up last night. I have faith that the brightest minds in the world are working on this problem and will keep a nuclear sized creature from being formed.

In fact I wouldn't be half surprised to see Godzilla rise up out of the ocean and start ravaging Tokyo right now as bad as it's been for the Japanese lately. We watched National Geographic channel last night and the same thing that caused the Japanese earthquake is happening off the coast of California, Oregon, and Washington. The potential for a 9+ quake and massive tsunami is happening there and now. A plate is getting hung up on the continental shelf of America and it's not relieving pressure like it should be. Scary.

So there's my invitation to you, get me your zombie ideas with the characters I've created and the storyline I've started right now. There's a very good chance I'll use it or we'll work out someway to use it! So get me your survival and rebuilding ideas!

No comments: