Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I Joined The Iphone Revolution

Yes after many many years I purchased a cell phone tonight. Not only a cell phone but an iphone!
I have to tell you that this is one amazing device. It is absolutely stunning to behold and use.

I can see room for improvements but so far it really isn't with the phone so much as it is the network.

The bars are fluctuating. I can see some fluctuation but it is going from five bars to none and I'm in the same place! Since I've never had a cell before I don't know if this is normal or not but it is odd.

I can use my wifi network to surf here at the house. At work I am hoping the cell network is just as effective there as my wifi network is here.

I am looking forward to trying it today! The feeling that I was the lone rebel holdout in the cell phone revolution is slowing coming to an end. Yesterday while I was mulling this decision everyone I came across had a cell in their pocket, on their belt, or in their hand.

There is a certain amount of freedom associated to being without a cell phone but over the years I have needed one at times. Especially lately when I meet people and they need to get in touch with me and can't because I'm out of the house.

I've just loaded up my Hank Williams Jr. MP3 collection onto my iphone so now I have my ipod and iphone but will not be getting any other Apple products as I am very happy with a PC with Vista.

No comments: