Monday, July 14, 2008

Reunion Success!!!!

It was far better than I had hoped for. The lunch went off without a hitch and everyone enjoyed each other's company. I was overwhelmed by the spirit of the reunion and how reflective everyone really was.

Numbers were exchanged, addresses were given, and pictures were taken, hundreds of pictures if not thousands!
The food was amazing and well prepared! All in all it was a perfect weekend!

It will be a complete contrast to today which will be a very bad day at work. A six letter word that I had been planning for in October has crept up and will rear its ugly head today....Layoff.

I won't be laid off, I saw an unofficial list and they won't cut enough out of my shop to get to me however they will be cutting my shop. We just don't know exactly how they will cut my shop until they call the guy over to HR to tell him his options.

It is odd to contrast the celebration of this past weekend to the dreary reality of imminent unemployment. Today is going to be bad, there is no way around it.

No comments: