Saturday, July 26, 2008

So The Night

Started around ten o'clock at The Speakeasy. Beersnob wanted to try that place out since he and his wife hadn't been there. I have two drinks and two waters in the hour and a half we were there with another friend.

About three hours before Scheff had called me up and asked where I was going to be tonight. I told him and he said he would be there. Well about twenty minutes after being at The Speakeasy we decided to leave. I was pretty sober since the drinks were fairly weak so I figure we'll go to The Blue Note and have another drink there so I call Scheff back up and tell him so he will know I'm not there anymore.

This was a mistake.

We get to the Note and he comes in, falling down drunk. I have one drink only in the nearly three hours of time there because I know this isn't going to be fun at all. I have two ice waters and I'm pampering Scheff along who is becoming a real pain.

Scheff makes a scene staggering around the place and the owner comes to me and tells me he is cut off and asks if I'm driving him home. I tell him yeah, I'm sober and will handle him. I felt responsible since I told him where I was going and he was my friend from work. The other friends there were friends from the theatre and off time.

Scheff argues at everything and becomes an annoying drunk guy. I tell him let's go, I've seen enough and don't want to deal with him anymore. So I make him get up and walk him to my truck. He refuses to get in, I pull out my iPhone to check the time, it is nearly 1:30 and he slaps it out of my hand.....yeah.....it falls to the ground and the face shatters.

I'm very angry now.

I tell him we are taking his truck to his house and I'm driving. He saw what he did and didn't argue this time, we got into his truck and he starts to apologize and I tell him to shut up, I didn't want to hear a word out of him and proceed to chew him out for the ten blocks I drove him home.

We get there and he says he'll make it up to me, I tell him I'm still mad and to go inside because I didn't want to talk to him anymore. He does and I call a friend to pick me up and take me back to pick up my truck.

The silver lining is that my iPhone still works despite the shattered face....amazing device! I don't want to run my finger over the face though since it is broken glass afterall.

He will be buying me a new phone Monday.

No comments: