Thursday, March 05, 2009

About Six O'Clock

Last night I decided to give my evening ritual the right of way and proceeded to my humidor to pick out a relaxing cigar.

I decided that the Oliva Serie V Especial would do. I purchased a box of ten a couple of weeks ago on sale on the forum I frequent. Instead of scotch tonight I chose Jameson Irish Whiskey. I prepared the drink, took my cigar to my bedroom and opened up the window.

With my trusty iPhone in hand I quickly fired up Wunder Radio and tonight chose The Savage Nation to listen to. I clipped the cigar as Michael Savage was defining Neo-Marxism and how it applies to our President.

The pre draw of the Serie V was perfect. The construction of the cigar was solid. This is a great looking cigar! I hit my lighter and thick clouds billowed out of my window. So thick I was wondering if a patrolling cop would think I was hitting a bong or if I would have a chance to explain my cigar hobby before getting tazered. The situation never arose as no passing police cruiser appeared.

This is the was to relax for me. It was probably warm enough last night to sit outside and enjoy my cigar but I opted for my bedroom instead. Tonight perhaps?

My sinus infection is going away although slowly. I could taste more flavors with this wonderful cigar than the Cusano 18 but not as much as I've had in the past with the Serie V. It was a full bodied cigar. Not for a beginner at all. I have eight more left and that will be just perfect for this Summer!

No comments: