Friday, March 06, 2009

Real Hope And Change

Once a former Taliban leader in the backwater part of Afghanistan now an iPhone addict and proponent of change. No surprisingly I'm not talking about our communist in chief, I'm talking about Mullah Abdul Salaam Zaeef. The iPhone addict who repented in US custody and reconciled with the Afghan government.

While Obama plays the Dow Jones Limbo with my retirement and seeing how low it can make it go, Zaeef is a ushering in a new age of technological enlightenment of in one of the harshest places on Earth and notoriously third world Afghanistan.

Real hope and genuine change in a good direction. I'll paraphrase from the article that the young Afghans aren't interested in the circle of war and are engaging with the rest of the world now.

They are seeing that they are part of a larger community and don't have to be content with killing their neighbor over a thousand year beef because they are bored on Friday night. They can now access My Space and play Mafia Wars like me! And if any of you newly enlightened Afghans would join my Mafia, I'd appreciate it! As for you Mullah Zaeef I'd be proud to call you an iPhone brother as well (even though we have differences in some areas) and kudos for bringing your country into the 21st Century!

The water is warm and we have cookies!

No comments: