Thursday, March 12, 2009

Four AM

So I'm sound asleep. Sleeping very well in fact! The phone starts ringing in my living room....

By the tenth ring I figure they aren't hanging up so I get up walk into the living room and turn on the light...it stops ringing!

I'm awake now. I try to go back to bed and think about all the things I would talk to Thomas Jefferson about before he wrote the Constitution to prevent modern liberalism or the neomarxist ideas of Obama today. As sweet as that would be it is unlikely we will ever have that kind of theoretical technology.

I think about what my iPhone will be like in ten years and what kind of technology I'll be a big fan of by then. Of course I'd like something implanted in my arm so I could be connected all the time but I doubt if that is a mere ten years away and that is something that would lend itself to a more youthful practice such as a tribal arm band tattoo when you are eighteen that you regret by the time you are nineteen.

Naturally technology will grow and expand and get better and faster. In fact my town will finally get 3G this coming Spring! I've only been paying for the additional speed now for a while and not been able to take advantage of it. Now I finally will! More towers will be going up and I'll get better broadband speeds on my iPhone!

It's good!

No comments: