Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Two Cigar Night

First up was the Cigar International Legends: Orange Label which was made by Rocky Patel. I would have really enjoyed this one but the wrapper wasn't secure enough and started to unravel as it continued to smoke. I stuck with it for two thirds and then it really got bad and I had to put it down prematurely.

It was sad because it was a good tasting cigar. Rocky Patel has a lot of lines now and is relentless in his promotion of his brand. He really has a lot of quality in his brand and it shows. Some don't really live up to the hype though and this one was enjoyable but as I said the construction problem really diminished this great tasting cigar.

Next up was a Romeo y Julieta Regalias de Londres. I won this one in a contest and was saving it for a nice evening. It was a smaller cigar. Nearly five inches by a forty ring gauge. It was a petite cigar. Tasty as its heritage would suggest though.

I cooked supper for The Date and one young folk, after supper we sat out in the yard. It was so nice out! I had the first cigar and found its conclusion to be unsatisfying although it was off to a good start.

So it was such a beautiful night and it was great to just chill in the yard with The Date and the young folk. I went back to the humidor and dug around. I didn't want something large like a Churchill size so something smaller would fit the bill and that was the Romeo y Julieta. It turned out to be the perfect cigar for the moment!

Great night! Great cigar moment!

No comments: