Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Survey Says

Abostang comes over to my shop every day for lunch. We usually fix a bagel sandwich or lately quesadillas. While he's there he reads the news sites.

What is interesting is that yesterday he came across a survey on the NBA lockout, the same day I blogged about it, yesterday. So we went through the survey and put in his opinions, well my opinions as well. Turns out the players got no love from the public.

The NBA will have to earn back the trust of the public similar to what the MLB had to do after the World Series was cancelled. The players came out on the losing end of pretty much every question.

Yesterday I believe they decertified the union and filed an antitrust lawsuit on the league. The season will not happen now in all likelihood. In fact next season could be in jeopardy if the suit isn't settled by then.

After it is settled they will have a huge public relations mess on their hands, how to bring back the fans. A few will return on opening day, a few will never return, and since I'm not a huge fan I can really live with it or without it. I'd probably make it a point though to not watch any NBA for quite sometime until a compelling story comes along as the McGuire/Sosa home run chase did in the 90's.

It's not a great situation to be in, well as far as still being a millionaire and a billionaire that is.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: