Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Last Workday

Yesterday after work The Date told me she was going to take Thing 2 to the highway patrol station and get her some paperwork for her state issued ID. With that she could finally cash three paychecks that had been building up. No one would cash them with just a student ID.

So after we got the paperwork finished I took her to the tag agency and we got her a very real ID and then onward to cash her paychecks! We proudly stepped up to the checkout stand at our grocery store and handed the checks over and she presented her brand new ID!

The clerk wrote the information on the checks and Thing 2 endorsed the backs of them and was presented with a wad of cash for her effort! She walked on air all the way back to the Tahoe when I reminded her she should probably go put a little into the salvation army kettle for others who aren't as fortunate as we are. She did:)

Then I took her to buy some new boots, happy as could be all the way!

Today I'm working both jobs, the turkey is in the ice chest thawing and I'll put the brine in it before going to work this afternoon. It'll take a few minutes so I'll have time:) Tomorrow the parades will be on and we'll be cooking! The bird will be cooking away to a nice and very picturesque golden brown!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: