Thursday, November 17, 2011

The New Plan

As most of you now know we've been vandalized for the second time this calendar year. Our new fence has been spray painted by thugs as some sort of threat. Not gang related either according to the police.

So now over the past couple of days The Date and I have put in place a new plan and have had to pause the debt snowball for a while. My plan for Christmas was to hire a contractor and get a couple of things done that need to be done around the house. Now the plan is to do that but get it ready to sell to find another place to live.

Safety of our families is of the highest priority and I've never had the problems I've had living here until this year. The neighborhood has been peaceful, quiet, and other than the one robbery I've never had reason to want to leave it.

Now I work a lot of hours, I'm not home much to protect anyone should something happen. So as soon as the contracting work is completed we'll list the house in an attempt to sell it and find that safer neighborhood.

I've got the money in place as of yesterday, I've got the contractor lined up, and I've got the real estate agent on board.

After a new house is found then the debt snowball will roll again. By that point The Date will be working full time and our income will be significantly better and we should actually roll it a bit faster.

Eye on the new prize!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: