Wednesday, March 15, 2006

More Software Coming!

Yes!

Now anyone who knows me knows I love new software!
I have purchased the latest in software to help me achieve the goals I have laid before me.

I have identified my weaknesses. I believe that my weakness is writing. So how do you improve that weakness?

Practice of course! Not only practice but advice from the pros. The people who could write a script before noon and make it in time for their three martini lunch before heading off to the power lunch scheduled with the hottest new starlett that wants to use your material as a vessel for her talents.

Yes I want THAT person to teach me how to write.

I feel that I have a good handle on the rest of indie filmmaking. I can frame a shot that Hitchcock would find little wrong with. I can light it and I can edit it. I know I need practice which I'm sure I'll get plenty of this Summer.

But that isn't the complete package that I'm happy with. I would be happier if I could write my own stuff and be confident about it. If I could write something and pour my soul into it and be proud to have someone read it instead of offering a script as a last resort because I can't improve it and want to get to the parts of the project I'm good at.

I have ordered a couple of seminars of screen writers. They are the pros who are brilliant teachers. They are technical writers and I could use some structure to my writing as you have probably noticed if you have read my Blog for this long!

A good filmmaker has to know that the script is where everything starts. A indie filmmaker a GREAT script is essential since there will be little else to attract someone to your project.

If you are Jerry Bruckheimer then you don't need a script. It isn't necessary since you will have a budget for effects that will wow the audience enough that they don't realize there is no story. It is misdirection in the tradition of Penn and Teller!

"What? You can't follow the story? Well here is an explosion to take your mind off of that!"

No comments: