Thursday, March 16, 2006

Planet Of Ape Entertainment!!!!

Yes!
The ulitmate Planet of the Apes collection is coming out in a week I believe and it puts me into a dilemma.

This set contains every movie, every episode of the tv live action show as well as the animated series!

When I was a kid I had the Mego Planet of the Apes playset. I got it for Christmas when I was a very young kid. I was upset because my cousin received the Star Trek Mego set and I wanted that one! I watched the cartoon and I had the trading cards from the TV show. Planet of the Apes ruled!

However it has one drawback. Now anyone who knows me knows that I have no love for anything Tim Burton. I believe he is a hack who does weird for the sake of being weird. His movies are nothing more than flash with no substance and have little value to me and he ruined Batman!

Well this set also contains his horrible hack version of the original Planet of the Apes. He ruined a classic film. A film that not only was a definition of Scifi but a movie that stood out among movies! It practically introduced the twist ending to cinema with a outstanding script by the master writer, Rod Serling!

And then along came Tim Burton who was looking for a classic movie to ruin. That idiot found it and unfortunately convinced a studio it was a good idea to finance it.

You know the rest.

Well I am probably going to spend on this set because I do love the series. I own NO Tim Burton movies and I planned on NEVER owning any but now I might have to bite the bullet and purchase one....just because it is included in this incredible set.

I know I'll probably hate myself for putting one dime in Burton's pocket but maybe two dimes will go into Rod Serling's widow's pocket as well.

Now onto futher news, MARCH MADNESS STARTED TODAY!!!!

One of my favorite sporting events has tipped off and me with my two brackets so far am about 50/50 on my picks. Being able to listen to the games at work on Sirius is just incredible! Everyone has been coming by our shop to catch up on scores and listen to the play by play. No one has to take off to report scores from home this year!

This is a great time of year my friends!

No comments: