Saturday, March 25, 2006

You Would Think

That after losing your camera from a break in that it probably couldn't get worse, you'd be wrong.

Yesterday after talking to my insurance adjuster I was informed I had no personal property insurance.

I lost my calm and cool composure that I had been maintaining thus far.
I drove to my insurance agent and declared I was pretty upset because I was sure I had personal property insurance. She went to my file and found my original policy. It states I had personal property insurance. Not much but enough to cover the loss of my camera anyway.

Every renewal after the original policy did not have personal property insurance. There was nothing in my file that instructed the company to cancel the personal property part and I never canceled it. So therefore it has to be an error on their part and as far as I'm concerned they owe me.

My agent was very nice and happy to help. She said that it looks like I should have it but has to call the home office to straighten it out.

Talk about a punch in the stomach.

I also instructed my agent that once this is resolved I am going to MAKE SURE that I have more than enough coverage.

It won't happen again.

Now for some good news!

I have been dreaming of finally being able to get the copies of Locker to the people who helped me! Yesterday morning while browsing the pawn shops and getting an oil change I was able to give Big Country Meat Market their copies! It made them very happy and made me very happy in a bad time!

I was smiling all day long....well until I found out about the insurance thing.

No comments: