Friday, March 03, 2006

Software And Second Monitor Arrives!!!!

I'm practically giddy. The past few days I have been living with the anticipation of setting up my new second monitor. Now I just have to await my new PC to install the new software that also arrived!!!!

This presents another anticipation problem....er opportunity for me that is. I am awaiting the arrival actually the shipment of my new PC that is being assembled as I type this.

I was off four hours yesterday afternoon to be here for the monitor that I missed the day before. Fedex decided against leaving it on my porch, which was a good thing as it was a bit rainy out. It arrived and it took a couple of hours of tweaking to get them to match. Now I believe that this is because I have to use a digital output for one monitor and a analog output for the other monitor.

However the new PC will have two digital outputs per card and there are two cards so I could actually have quad monitors!!!!

But I won't....not yet anyway.

Why do I require two monitors?

Well the thing is that the new Adobe package has resizeable windows inside the software that you can break away and resize to what you wish. Simply put I have double the workspace now and for detailed work this will be extremely helpful!!!!

Oh, and I'm off today as well. At work there are days called "Goal Days" in which nothing much is going on and you are encouraged to take off:)

No comments: