Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Wednesday And The Longest Week Continues!!!!

Nothing bad happened at all today but, WOW, this has been one long week.

That happens when you are anticipating something. I don't know how I made it as a kid and I had to send away for something from a comic book.

My first Sea Monkey's....ah, memories!

I had a flash of brilliance last night. I set up my XL1s at the backdoor of my home. Since it is a sliding glass door the camera could see if anyone showed up to thieve more Duke DVDs.

Anyway I know that the XL1s has a interval setting that lets you do time lapse on tape, so in the middle of the night when I am getting over my violation feelings this idea comes into my violated mind.

With a burst of energy I get up and around and try to find my XL1s manual. I can't find it so I go online and get the .PDF and read it. I find the interval settings, get a tape, and set up the tripod with camera facing the back door!

My trap is set! All I have to do is turn it on in the morning before going to work!

So in the morning after a giddy night's sleep, I've been giddy a lot this week, I shower and rush to the camera to activate my trap. I turn it on, set it to 1.5 seconds of filming every 30 seconds and head to work!

So I work today and keep having these fantasies about someone cupping his eyes to peer into my back porch and seeing a camera staring back at him! Then it dawns on me that I should have left a sign, something for the perp (I learned that from TV I think) to read while the XL1s takes their picture! Something that makes him shake in righteous fear of me and my mighty Canon!!!!

So with regret I work the rest of the day that I didn't think of the sign in the throes of my brilliant epiphany. I clock out and head to Sonic to get some supper then rush home to see the startled face of my victim!!!!

I rush to the camera only to find it didn't work for some reason....sigh.

I am positive I had it set correctly but I will read the manual again to see what I overlooked. I am sure that today would have been the day of the return since they now know that my door is blocked and locked tight with no hope of entry.

Well perhaps they did show up and see my camera staring menacingly back at them and got the message and think that I have them on tape now. It is possible. I only have to replace my John Wayne movies now:)

No comments: