Sunday, June 22, 2008

Crazy Day

Started off yesterday at normal waking hours. Before seven.

Got ready to film on the fanfilm project. So I went to Sonic around eleven thirty to get a hamburger. Then it was to Beersnob's house to get the equipment prepared and packed.

Once that was done we hit the site and set up the equipment and waited for the actors. Five hours later we wrapped up and tore down the set. Then I had two hours to get rest and get ready for a party in which the director of Twelve Angry Men had an idea about something he would like to experiment with to enhance the show.

The the other purpose of the party was to play poker and Mahjong. I started the evening with the thirty five I brought. Finished up the night almost double up. It was a wonderful poker evening! I took most of that from the guy who hadn't been taken down at a poker party before. That was only because I hadn't been on the same table with him before.

I had seen him play before at a couple of other parties and knew that over time I could take him down. He plays reckless, overly aggressive and that style just doesn't work in a game with amateurs. I started by showing him I fold strong hands while it would cost me to start it opened up my ability to bluff him. Thinking he had the upper hand and that I would only stay on a winning hand I could then play any hand and force him out after he helped build up the pot.

I was head to head with him in four hands and I won three of them on the showdowns. Anyway I had a great time and have a small project to think over on how to approach.

A wonderful day!

No comments: