Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Crimes Against Humanity Part 3

This is the exact type of problem I'm talking about in yesterday's post and again the May fourteenth post. A corrupt incompetent government who's policies kill their own citizens because they are desperate to hang on to power.

Robert Mugabe
confiscated land from farmers and gave it to natives who had no idea how to farm. The result has been widespread famine. Is it his fault? NO! He blames everyone else....at the expense of lives.

What can be done about people like this who hold onto power which costs the lives of its own citizens? Again the power that is supposed to stand up to these barbarians has neither the power nor the iron will required to do so.

It isn't a pleasant business, dealing with dictators, but sometimes it is necessary. I feel it is more and more necessary today. Because these idiots weren't dealt with years ago it has given other dictators a cloak of invincibility. They wrap themselves in a sense of security that America won't do anything to them since they didn't do anything to that other guy.

It also encourages the next despot barbarian to rise to power knowing that the UN nor America, the beacon of hope and freedom for the world, won't touch them. My friends I pray our next president will have the courage to preserve the lives of the downtrodden around the globe. The victims of cruel policies shouldn't have to live under iron fisted rule.

I know I know, life isn't fair. As I type this I have a full belly, air conditioning and power and access to post this on a forum around the world. What I also have is the freedom to do so. Something many people don't have.

No comments: