Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Fading Cough

As long as I stay on Halls cough drops and Nyquil at night my cough doesn't bother me. Yesterday I actually had a small buzz working before work because of I had almost no food in my stomach and had already consumed two Halls. It was very unsettling.

By noon I felt like I could use a nap. I was so fatigued at that point I didn't know if I could finish the day. I did though. I made it and now I'm a little bit stronger today. Tomorrow I'll be a bit stronger still until I'm back to 100% again.

One of my coworkers who had the EXACT same symptoms and was off work last week as well had also made it to work. He felt just as tired and had the same cough. It was uncanny.

Regardless I'm going to work today. I've got to build my leave back up now and the only way to do that is attendance. A guy at work said this statement, "I have the ability to build my leave." I looked at him dumbfounded, "We all do." was my retort. Last week he took off four hours to go to the dump of all things. Personally I don't fault him. Its our leave and part of our pay. Something we earn for trading our working hours with that company.

We live in extraordinary times, historic times. The world is on the precipice of an upheaval the likes we have not seen in generations. Iran is quickly emerging as the preeminent threat to world peace, North Korea has a nuclear weapon and I'm sure is trying to fit it on top of one of their missiles. Afghanistan is as it has always been, a political mess. Russia is starting to get designs on Eastern Europe again and is thankful we will not deploy our missile shield in Poland and The Czech Republic, they aren't as thrilled about the idea though.

Our President doesn't believe in American Exceptionalism and instead insisted on apologizing to the UN for our successes. He is intent on having Americans live as if we belonged to a third world country while two industrial giants in India and China are pulling their citizens out of third world status and putting them into world class middle class status.

They are looking to raise their standard of living while our President is looking to lower our standard of living by punishing success. When you discourage how successful someone is allowed to be then it just breaks something inside of you. He should be out there encouraging people to be the best they can be instead he would rather redistribute the wealth of the successful to others out of some misguided and immoral sense of fairness.

I hope congress passes this monstrosity of a health care bill and a massive government take over of the health industry is attempted. The 2010 elections should send a clear message that what is going on right now is not what the people want.

No comments: