Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Great Substitute

The White Russian is a great substitute until my Scotch boycott is over with. It is directly from The Big Lebowski so I am not taking credit for anything. This drink has been around for decades, some sources date it back as far as the nineteenth century but that seems a little far fetched.

Vodka, Kahlua, and milk or cream. I prefer cream over milk. serve it over ice and it is a Summertime delight. Very satisfying as well. It'll be a great go to until my boycott is over with and Abdel Basset al Meghrahi dies in Libya, a free man.

I've got a scratchy throat, it started yesterday and really isn't letting up. I took some Nyquil to cut the coughing down to nothing before bed. Which was at nine as I was exhausted and the Nyquil effects had me craving my mattress and pillow.

I could very well go back to bed now and sleep another couple of hours as I feel sluggish, the cough is still here. I'll steer clear of people and get some Halls to chew on the way to work.

No comments: