Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Monday Night Football

Old Man River had a pretty decent three quarters last night. Peterson, my RB from last season who has moved onto other pastures this season, had the kind of game that frustrated owners last season.

He had a long seventy five yard TD on the first play of the game followed by about twenty yards on eight or nine carries. Still a great fantasy score but you wish he would be able to score at least one more time during the game. I know I know, it's preseason. The plays are vanilla, nothing is really shown to tip off the regular season play book.

I'm kind of glad I drafted Percy Harvin. It appears he might be an integral cog in the Minnesota Machine. He gives Favre a versatile player with speed to burn. It'll be an interesting season for sure!

On the flip side of last night's game I had Matt Schaub and Andre Johnson. Both looked like they were able to move the ball against one of the best defenses in the NFL this season. Slaton was able to get on track later in the first quarter and into the second quarter. AJ caught a couple of long balls but Schaub tweaked an ankle. He was fine and they taped it up and he got back out there.

All in all I was happy for some good football to watch and I'm looking forward to this season!

No comments: