Monday, August 31, 2009

Draft Day Two

I'm not as happy with the second draft for the inaugural season of the WannaBe Keeper League. I have a stud QB but some of the other talent I drafted just isn't up to the level of Saturday's draft.

This draft was different as we decided to auction off the first round picks. Since this is a very inexpensive league I thought this was a good way to boost the pot and get some more playing capital. The auction brought in just over two hundred extra dollars that will go into the season ending fund!

Here is my draft by the numbers
R1P9: Tom Brady
R2P4: Calvin Johnson
R3P5: LenDale White
R4P8: Darren McFadden
R5P11: Eddie Royal
R6P2: Percy Harvin
R7P4: Green Bay
R8P9: Leon Washington
R9P5: Matt Hasslebeck
R10P8: Jason Elam
R11P12: Justin Gage
R12P1: Chicago
R13P8: Matt Prater

As you can see I picked up some of the same players from my other league. Darren McFadden, Percy Harvin, Matt Hasslebeck, and Matt Prater. I was really hoping to get a WR roster that rivaled my other league but it wasn't meant to be this season. We will be keeping three players next season to build a dynasty on. I can live with that.

It'll be fun as we plan on having this league for years to come and lots of continuity between owners. I'm sure that Ten (the former general manager of my beloved Oklahoma Storm and at one time the reviled Dodge City Legend), Baker, JDub, Beersnob, Hollywood, HarryBorg, Fergie, Skate, Knight, Chianti's Beau, and The Girls (which comprise a three headed team of The Date, Chianti, and TC) will have so much fun this season that they will love to be returning next season.

This is one league that no matter how far someone moves if anyone does that we can make sure they can draft a team. We had Fergie, Beersnob's friend, drafting from London today via Skype! Technology rocks!!!! It should also guarantee that this league will stay intact for years and years as we develop our individual teams over the seasons to come.

I'm not sure who really has the dominate team yet. It will be hard to tell right now.
a handful of teams will start to emerge after a couple of weeks. In the league I drafted Saturday I really feel like I'm in a more dominate position. The WRs alone should give me an edge. I don't have that confidence in my dynasty team yet. It might take me another season or two to get the team I really want.

Time will tell! It was great to hang out with everyone though! I love the drafts and the camaraderie that everyone shares! It is really special!

No comments: